Ekta Kapoor- Indian television industry owes a lot to this one name. Where on one hand Indian society was normalizing decency and stereotypical ethics, this woman has broken all norms. Her Indian dramas have given a new face to the television industry. She at a very young age started making dramas under her banner, “Balaji Telefilms.”
After ruling the television screen for years, she decided to take on the online platform as well. On 16th April 2017, she introduced her digital entertainment platform called “ALTBalaji.” It promises to showcase original content in the shape of shows and movies both and is available across 32 different interfaces for its viewers.
Today, on Ekta’s birthday, TSA brings you 5 of the best original shows which are brought to us by ALTBalaji. These are all worthy of binge-watching and we believe in these times when we are stuffed in our homes due to Covid-19, some binge-watching can be of great help to our minds. So, without any further dragging, let’s check the list.
- Bose: Dead/Alive (2017)Bose: Dead/Alive is an ALTBalaji original web series, based on the book, “India’s Biggest Cover-up” by Indian author and former journalist, Anuj Dhar. This show stars Raj Kumar Rao in a lead role of Subhash Chandra Bose. It has one season comprising 9 episodes. The premise of this web series is full of mystery thrill and the fact that it is based on real-life events makes it even more engaging. The entire show revolves around the vanishment of Bose who was assumed to be dead in a plane crash, in which his dead-body wasn’t found. The locations used to shoot this web series are all the places where Bose actually went hence making it an authentic watch. But in case, the premise doesn’t seem to attract you much then go watch it for Rajkumar Rao, who is playing the role of Bose. And with Rao acting as Bose, you won’t be disappointed so do give it a try and let us know in the comments section about your views.
- The Test Case (2017): The Test Case is a web series about the character Captain Shikha Sharma for being the first woman to join special forces of the Indian Army. She is termed as the test case to find out if women soldiers can be allowed in the combat-oriented roles in the Indian Army. The role of Shikha Sharma is played by Nimrit Kaur who has given a top-notch performance. The story revolves around her life and how she tackles stereotypes made for women. She is seen beating everyone around with her intelligence and dedication towards her goal. It is a highly motivating series of just 10 episodes, meaning the story doesn’t drag much to unnecessary details and gets to the point fast. Once you’ll start watching it, you won’t be able to stop without reaching the end.
- Broken But Beautiful (2018): Broken But Beautiful, takes you on a roller coaster ride of love and emotions with heartbreaks until you find your “perfect one”, along with the characters, Veer and Sameera who have just moved on from their past. Beautiful is falling in love but what happens when that love is lost? Will you sink in and continue holding on1to that or will make an effort to find it again by falling for someone else?
In a chaotic pool of emotions, with entirely different essence of love and beliefs, you get to see a struggle of mental chaos in them. The desire to be together and past to overcome; Broken But Beautiful has all of them clutched for you in its both seasons. It will prove to be a pleasant watch, for sure.
- Home (2018): The web series with well-known faces revolves around the bond of an Indian family and their struggle to keep their house when the authorities asked them to vacate it. The web series showcases a typical middle-class Indian family who finds happiness in little things and holds tightly to their values. With their sustenance in the limited resources, they make everything possible with trust and love. But will they be able to tackle the government too? We’ll leave you to watch it to know. 😉
- Mentalhood (2020): This series shows a roller coaster ride of emotions mothers face to stand by their children’s expectations (which are sometimes totally unreasonable) and still give them more than they deserve. The web series showcase six super moms of entirely different natures, who leave no stone unturned while fighting a mental pressure thrust upon them by society. This show also marks the return of actor Karishma Kapoor after a very long break. With one season comprising 10 episodes, this show is not here to disappoint you. Give it a shot and see it for yourself.