John Green’s use of words is amazing; they are both simple and complex. The novel will make you chuckle as well as tear your heart out. No, it’s not a book about cancer. It’s so wonderfully heartbreaking that you’ll remember it for the rest of your life. You’ll gently but steadily fall in love with Hazel and Augustus all at once! Here are a few of the best quotes from The Fault In Our Stars.
The title of the book is derived from Shakespeare’s famous remark from ‘Julius Caesar,’ “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, for we are underlings.” John Green expresses the notion that, despite the defects of our fate, we may flourish and live a happy and satisfying life through the title of his book.
Few characters since Romeo and Juliet have fallen in love as eloquently as Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters in The Fault In Our Stars. And every reader who is presently stuffing Kleenex into their pockets in anticipation of seeing them fall in love (“slowly, then all at once”) on huge screens tomorrow has a favorite line or two that MUST be included in the film.
John Green’s characters’ lips were full of sweet and bitter insights on love, life, death, and gratitude, all scientifically crafted to elicit a ridiculous amount of tears from readers.
Here are some of the best Quotes from The Fault In Our Stars:
- “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”
- “Oh, I wouldn’t mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.”
- “The world is not a wish-granting factory.”
- “I’m on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend.”
- “You have a choice in this world, I believe, about how to tell sad stories, and we made a funny choice.”
- “There is no shortage of fault to be found amid our stars.”
- “Our fearlessness shall be our secret weapon.”
- “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”
- “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.”
- “All your attempts to save yourself from me will fail.”
- “You say you’re not special because the world doesn’t know about you, but that’s an insult to me. I know about you.”
- “I will not tell you our love story, because—like all real love stories—it will die with us, as it should.”
- “You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I’m grateful.”
- “It is the nature of stars to cross.”
- “Only now that I loved a grenade did I understand the foolishness of trying to save others from my own impending fragmentation: I couldn’t unlove Augustus Waters. And I didn’t want to.”
The Fault in Our Stars is based on John Green’s massively successful young-adult novel about two cancer-stricken adolescents who fall madly in love with one another. It was released in theatres in June 2014. Millions of people have already responded to the book’s emotional lines about genuine love (and sorrow). here are some of the best quotes from The Fault in Our Stars.
Hazel and Augustus, the book’s star-crossed heroes, exchange hundreds of meaningful sentences that may bring even the most stoic reader to tears. So, before you read these 15 heartbreakingly beautiful quotations from The Fault in Our Stars, make sure you have tissues handy.
Also, Checkout: Best Hans Zimmer Tracks From Superhero Movies