Guillermo del Toro returns with Nightmare Alley, his first directorial attempt since earning an Oscar for The Shape of Water. The film is a complicated, eerie, and absorbing drama of carnival performers, with Bradley Cooper leading an all-star cast. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the most remarkable dialogues of Nightmare Alley.
Guillermo del Toro makes his directorial debut with Nightmare Alley, his first film since earning an Oscar for The Shape of Water. With Bradley Cooper leading an all-star ensemble, the film is a complicated, unsettling, and absorbing drama set inside the world of carnival performers.
Nightmare Alley is a visually beautiful visual delight for moviegoers, as is to be anticipated from del Toro’s work. However, it also showcases the filmmaker’s and co-writer Kim Morgan’s great literary ability. The end product is an enthralling voyage replete with memorable phrases that will stay with fans for a long time. The movie was enjoyed by the audience as it contained some iconic dialogues which hinged them. The role of ‘Stan’ was astonishingly played by Bradley Cooper. In memory of this great thriller, we have compiled a list of the 20 most remarkable dialogues of Nightmare Alley below.
Check out our list of 20 most remarkable dialogues of Nightmare Alley:
- “Nothing matters in this goddamned lunatic asylum of a world but dough.”
- Would a steady job be of any interest to you, young buck?
- “If It’s Not Good Enough For Me, It’s Sure Ain’t Good Enough For You.”
- Everybody has some trouble. Someone they’ve hurt. A shadow of their past.
- “Find Out What They’re Afraid Of And Sell It Back To Them.”
- “The rest of them drink something else: they drink promises. They drink hope. And I’ve got it to hand them.”
- “In a patch of silver the Rev. Carlisle stopped and raised his face to the full moon, where it hung desolately, agonizingly bright – a dead thing, watching the dying earth.”
- I know what I did and what I’m going to do if this goes on any further.
- “geek, a drunkard driven so low that he would bite off the heads of chickens and snakes just to get the booze he needed.”
- When a man believes his own lies, he believes he has too much power. He’s got shut eye.
- “I Know You Well. I Know You’re No Good And I Know That Because Neither Am I.”
- “Also Dad said it was a shame to go to bed early and miss everything when you could sleep late the next day and catch up…”
- Dames like you always have mommy issues, daddy ones too.
- “If You Displease The Right People, The World Closes In On You Very, Very Fast.”
- “People Are Desperate To Tell You Who They Are. Desperate To Be Seen.”
- You said yourself, there’s no such thing as bad cards, depends on what you do with it.
- It’s been some time since anyone has asked me to teach them anything.
- If you’re good at reading people, it’s something you learned as a child.
- Don’t try to pull this legal stuff. We are gonna shut this place down one way or another.
- “You Don’t Fool People, Stan. They Fool Themselves.”
On the screen, Nightmare Alley comes to life in a beautiful and detailed way. It is one of the best thriller movies of 2021. Some of the most remarkable dialogues of Nightmare Alley dialogues are mentioned above. We hope you liked this article. Please leave feedback in the comment section below
Also Checkout: 20 Most Amazing Dialogues Of Million Dollar Baby